Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Monday, July 19, 2021, 7:30 PM
Present: Mayor Rogers Badgett, City Councilmembers Chris Johnson, Steve Boss, Leslee Goldstein, Stellavera Kilcher (All by Zoom due to the pandemic)
Absent: Kara Anastasio
Present in Addition: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Badgett called the meeting to order.
- 1. Appointments and Assignments for Permanent and Essential Committees—The council discussed Permanent and Essential Committees and their objectives. They discussed assigning current priority issues to committees and balancing immediate concerns with long-term goals. After discussion Goldstein moved, Boss seconded, to name initial committee concerns and appointments as follows:
- Finance Committee—Initial concerns: Long-term budget; Appointments: Kara Anastasio (Chair), Rogers Badgett, Kent Boyum, Carl Zimmerman;
- Public Safety and Public Works Committee—Initial concerns: Building permits, sewer utility and sewer connections, ordinances; Appointments: Leslee Goldstein (Chair), Stellavera Kilcher, Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen;
- City Development Committee—Initial concerns: Tax Increment Financing, Brahmananda Saraswati Foundation; Appointments: Chris Johnson (Chair), Rogers Badgett, Steve Boss, Kent Boyum;
- Culture, Recreation and Beautification Committee—Appointments: Stellavera Kilcher (Chair), Kara Anastasio;
Ayes: Johnson, Boss, Goldstein, Kilcher; Nays: none.
Mayor Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Rogers Badgett, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk