Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 2:00 PM
Present: Mayor ProTem Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss, Tim Fitz-Randolph
Absent: Mayor Robert Wynne, Chris Johnson
Also present: Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor ProTem Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held June 12, 2019, all ayes.
- Claims—Fitz-Randolph moved, Badgett seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Fitz-Randolph moved, Boss seconded to approve the report for May 2019, all ayes.
- Ion Environmental Site Visit—Dr. Boyum reported on the site visit with new wastewater operators and on repairs needed. Discussion took place regarding installing a gravel road to one lift station.
- Ion Environmental Contract—The proposed contract, which has been reviewed and refined by City Attorney Nancy Watkins, engineer Jim Warner, Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne and Dr. Boyum, was presented. Ion Environmental will review the contract. Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to approve the contract and any additional changes made by the City Attorney and/or Ion Environmental that have been approved by a subcommittee of Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Nancy Watkins and Dr. Boyum; all ayes.
- Roads—Dr. Boyum reported that LL Pelling will begin road work on Maharishi Center Avenue, Observatory Drive and the City Hall parking lot. The City Clerk will inform homeowners who share the City Hall lot of the estimated cost. Discussion took place regarding the City obtaining right of way for northwest campus roads. Dr. Boyum reported that he, Rogers Badgett, Tim Fitz-Randolph and Robert Estle evaluated the campus roads. A report on estimated maintenance costs was reviewed.
- Housing Loan—The City Clerk reported the on the status of the Housing Development loan with First National Bank.
- Extend Equipment Warranty—Wynne moved to extend warranty on the Community Center washer and dryer to 5 years, if possible, otherwise 3 years, Boss seconded, all ayes.
- City Hall Smoke Alarm System—Postponed.
- Other Business—Reports were presented on the City summer celebration and Iowa Great Places designation.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk