Minutes of a Public Hearing and City Council Meeting
Thursday, March 7, 2019, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Tim Fitz-Randolph; and Chris Johnson and Steve Boss (by speaker-phone as they were unable to attend in person)
Also present: Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Public Hearing, Fiscal Year 2020 Budget— Mayor Wynne opened the public hearing. No comments were heard. The City Clerk reported none were received. The Mayor closed the public hearing and called the City Council meeting to order.
- Consider Approval of Fiscal Year 2020 Budget— Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to adopt the Fiscal Year 2020 budget, all ayes. Resolution number 20190307A was assigned.
- Minutes—Fitz-Randolph moved, Boss seconded, to approve minutes from meetings held February 14, 2019 and February 25, 2019, all ayes.
- Claims—Fitz-Randolph moved, Johnson seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—The report includes, and future reports will include, a list of journal entries and transfers. Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve the report for January, all ayes.
- Community Center Rental Rates—Discussion took place about the terms of an agreement for use of 2nd floor common rooms. A draft agreement will be considered at the next meeting.
- Consider Changing City Council Meeting Day and Time—Discussion about changing regular City Council meeting days to 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Wynne moved, Badgett seconded to hold the next meeting Wednesday, March 27, 2:00PM, as a trial, all ayes.
- BSF Campus Use—Discussion about economic development opportunities at the BSF campus.
- Invincible America Avenue—Discussion about asking that the gate to Invincible America Ave. be removed.
- City Website—Tim Fitz-Randolph reported that re-design of the City website will soon be ready to review.
- Iowa Great Places—Dr. Boyum reported that applications for re-designation as an Iowa Great Place for the Cultural Affairs program are due May 1st.
- Solar Utilities—Dr. Boyum reported on a meeting with Ideal Energy regarding investor thresholds.
- Resolution for Financial Support of Area 15 Regional Planning Commission—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded, to adopt a support resolution for Area 15 Regional Planning Commission, all ayes. Resolution number 20190307B was assigned.
- Other Business—None presented.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk