Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, February 14, 2019, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss, Tim Fitz-Randolph, and Rogers Badgett and Chris Johnson (by telephone as they were out of town making it impossible to attend in person)
Also present: Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes— Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held January 21, 2019, all ayes.
- Claims—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to approve the report for December 2018, all ayes.
- Fiscal Year 2020 City Budget—The budget committee presented proposed budget detailed by fund.
- Set Public Hearing Date for FY20 Budget—Wynne moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded to approve the proposed budget and set a public hearing date of Thursday, March 7, 2019, 3:00 PM, at City Hall, all ayes.
- City’s Ownership and Determination of Use of Lot 11 MCPHWP—Maureen Wynne reported that the transfer of ownership to the City of all Global Country of World Peace land in Lot 11 is complete. Fitz-Randolph moved, Badgett seconded to gratefully accept the donation, all ayes. Wynne moved that City land in Lot 11 not be leased for agriculture purposes, in accordance with the Jefferson County Assessor’s request, Fitz-Randolph seconded, all ayes.
- Roads Report—Discussion took place about maintaining the road to the west wastewater plant and the entry road to the BSF campus.
- Resolution to Adopt Joint City/County Agreement for Urban Renewal Projects—Mayor Wynne reported on Jefferson County’s request for City approval of an agreement for road improvement projects that lie in the 2-mile radius of the City. Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded to adopt a resolution approving a Joint City/County Agreement for Urban Renewal Projects, all ayes. Resolution number 20190214 was assigned.
- Wastewater Operator Bidding—Dr. Boyum reported that he will request new bids for an updated wastewater operations agreement.
- Solar Array Planning—Dr. Boyum reported on several design issues. He will continue talks with solar array vendors and report progress to the council.
- BSF Campus Use—Discussion took place about possible City involvement in developing the BSF Campus.
- Marking Mandala Circles—Dr. Boyum reported that he is requesting bids for the cost to mark mandala circles.
- Community Center Report—Kathy Petersen reported the agreement with Maharishi Foundation for use of six rooms on the first floor of the Community Center is in place.
- Other Business—None.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk