Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, November 29, 2018, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert G Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss, Tim Fitz-Randolph, Chris Johnson (by telephone as he was out of town making it impossible to attend in person)
Also present: City Attorney Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held November 8, 2018, all ayes.
- Claims—After discussion Fitz-Randolph moved to draw $5,510.25 from the Housing Line of Credit with First National Bank, and to approve the claims report, Wynne seconded; Ayes: Badgett, Wynne, Boss, Fitz-Randolph; Nays: none; abstain: Johnson.
- Treasurer’s Report—Boss moved to approve the amended report for October 2018, Fitz-Randolph seconded, all ayes.
- Resolution to Renew Certificate of Deposit with Central State Bank—Fitz-Randolph moved, Badgett seconded, to adopt a resolution to renew the Sewer Fund Reserve CD with Central State for 12 months at 2.6% interest, all ayes. Resolution number 20181129 was assigned.
- Update Employee Handbook—After discussion Wynne moved, Badgett seconded to update the Employees Handbook to include job descriptions and Annual Performance Review form, all ayes.
- TIF—Maureen Wynne reported that Dorsey Whitney recommends postponing certifying TIF debt until one year as property valuations haven’t significantly changed.
- 28E Agreement for Bridge Replacement—Dr. Boyum reported that the agreement has been reviewed by Jefferson County’s engineer and attorney. It is now being reviewed by Nancy Watkins.
- Wastewater Service Maintenance Agreement—After discussion Wynne moved to amend the sewer maintenance agreement with Processing Management at a rate of $4,500 per month, Fitz-Randolph seconded; Ayes: Wynne, Boss, Fitz-Randolph, Johnson; Nays: none; abstain: Badgett.
- Engineering Projects Update—Dr. Boyum reported on progress in engineering for fire hydrants.
- Report on Iowa Energy Summit and Iowa Organic Summit—Dr. Boyum reported on the Iowa Energy Summit and Iowa Organic Summit. Discussion about efforts by the city of Bloomfield to become energy independent.
- Holiday Celebration—Kathy Petersen reported on the City’s 9th Annual Thanksgiving potluck. Discussion about starting quarterly community potluck celebrations. Fitz-Randolph moved to purchase 3 large warming trays, Badgett seconded, all ayes.
- Other Business—None presented.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk