Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, November 8, 2018, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Chris Johnson, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss, Tim Fitz-Randolph
Absent: Rogers Badgett
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held October 25, 2018, all ayes.
- Claims— Fitz-Randolph moved, Wynne seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Wynne moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded to approve the Treasurer’s Report for Oct. 2018, and an amendment to the June 2018 Treasurer’s Report, all ayes.
- Periodic Examination Agreement— Wynne moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded, to approve the fiscal year 2018 periodic examination agreement with Hogan-Hansen P.C., all ayes.
- Resolution to Adopt Annual Financial Report—Fitz-Randolph moved, Boss seconded, to adopt a resolution approving the Annual Financial Report for fiscal year 2018, all ayes. Resolution number 20181108A was assigned.
- Urban Renewal Annual Report— Fitz-Randolph moved, Boss seconded, to approve the Urban Renewal Annual Report, all ayes.
- Resolution to Renew Certificate of Deposit with Central State Bank—After discussion, the City Clerk was asked to research CD interest rates and terms.
- Resolution for ICAP Proxy— Fitz-Randolph moved, Johnson seconded, to adopt a resolution appointing ICAP representatives Kathy Petersen and Kent Boyum, all ayes. Resolution number 20181108B was assigned.
- Wastewater Service Maintenance Agreement—Discussion took place regarding the wastewater service maintenance agreement. Dr. Boyum was asked to present at the next meeting an analysis of comparative costs of options to securing this service.
- City Hall/Community Center Building Use and USDA Loan—Discussion took place concerning use of facilities in the Community Center. Maureen Wynne will clarify guidelines with the USDA representative.
- City Hall/Community Center Maintenance Report—Arnold Refrigeration completed installation of 2nd floor HVAC replacement. Discussion took place regarding insulation, smoke alarms and air filters.
- Downtown Business District—Tim Fitz-Randolph presented ideas to determine a practical location for an accessible retail center in the City.
- No Hunting Signs—Thirty No Hunting signs have been installed around the City.
- Fire Hydrant System Report—Dr. Boyum reported that Warner Engineering recommended using ponds to provide a water source for hydrants. One new pond may be needed.
- Wastewater System Report—After discussion Boss moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded, to deny a request that the City read private water meters, all ayes.
- Thanksgiving Celebration—The 9th Annual Thanksgiving Potluck Celebration will be held in the Community Center on November 22 at 12:30 PM.
- Other Business—None reported.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk