Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, October 11, 2018, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor ProTem Rogers Badgett, Chris Johnson, Steve Boss and Tim Fitz-Randolph; Mayor Robert Wynne, Maureen Wynne and Chris Johnson by telephone as they were out of town making it impossible to attend in person.
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor ProTem Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Badgett moved, Boss seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held September 27, 2018, all ayes.
- Claims— Badgett moved, Boss seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—After discussion Badgett moved, Boss seconded to approve the report; roll call ayes: Badgett, Wynne, Boss, Fitz-Randolph, nays: none, abstain Johnson; motion carried.
- Consider Adopting Consent Agenda—Postponed.
- City Hall HVAC System—Dr. Boyum reported on work done by Arnold Refrigeration to repair existing second floor system. He presented 5 bids to replace the system, from $9,898 to $49,114.
- City Hall Improvements—Kathy Petersen reported water leaks are repaired.
- City Hall/Community Center Use—Kathy Petersen reported the need to create a permit for groups who use the Community Center. She will work with the City Attorney.
- Roads Report—Dr. Boyum reported on poor drainage in areas recently patched, which may be a result of above average rain fall in September.
- No Hunting Signs—Discussion regarding a new hunting park adjacent to the City. Dr. Boyum will research state law about distance restrictions. City will install No Hunting signs around the perimeter.
- Fire Hydrants and Fire Department—Chris Johnson reported on higher insurance rates resulting from distance to fire department and lack of hydrants. He suggested researching grants for a fire station. Dr. Boyum reported that Warner Engineering pointed to the City of Eldon’s reservoir and hydrant system. Badgett suggested using the water tower paid in part by local developers. Warner offered to determine cost of a hydrant system.
- Other Business—None presented.
Mayor ProTem Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk