Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, September 27, 2018, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor ProTem Rogers Badgett, Chris Johnson, Steve Boss and Tim Fitz-Randolph; Robert Wynne and Maureen Wynne by SKYPE as they were out of town making it impossible to attend in person.
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor ProTem Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Fitz-Randolph moved, Badgett seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held September 13, 2018, all ayes.
- Claims— Fitz-Randolph moved, Badgett seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Badgett moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded to approve the report for August 2018, all ayes.
- City Hall Improvements—
- HVAC System Repair—Dr. Boyum reported on quotes for repairing the HVAC system. After discussion Badgett moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded to approve $2,088.88 from General Fund, for Arnold Refrigeration to clean the 2nd story HVAC system, as a first step to determine that the 2nd floor system will function properly, all ayes.
- Gutter Repair—After discussion Wynne moved, Fitz-Randolph seconded to approve $944.00 from General Fund to improve and repair gutters, all ayes.
- Kathy Petersen reported on completed leak repairs and landscaping.
- City Hall/Community Center Use—Discussion about developing room rental applications, terms, leases and permits for use City Hall rooms. The City Attorney will advise.
- City Hall Grand Opening Celebration—Postponed until Spring.
- Roads Report—Dr. Boyum reported that LL Pelling will complete work on Maharishi Center Avenue and Observatory Drive as soon as weather permits. He reported that Jefferson County Engineer is writing a 28E agreement for the 175th St. bridge replacement project.
- Update City Website—Tim Fitz-Randolph recommended updating the City website to be mobile friendly. Staff will research local contractors.
- Other Business—Chris Johnson reported that a private investor is interested in acquiring farm land in the City and in starting an organic food hub.
Mayor ProTem Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk