Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor ProTem Rogers Badgett, Steve Boss, Tim Fitz-Randolph, Chris Johnson (by telephone as he was unable to attend in person)
Absent: Robert G. Wynne, Maureen Wynne
Also present: Nancy Watkins, Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor ProTem Badgett called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Johnson moved, Boss seconded, to approve minutes of a meeting held Aug. 23. 2018, all ayes.
- Claims—Badgett moved, Boss seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- 28E Agreement with Jefferson County for 175th St. Bridge Replacement—Discussion took place regarding replacing the 175th St. bridge over Mitchell Creek. The City Attorney will review the IDOT agreement for City Bridge Federal-Aid SWAP Funding. Current county estimate is $425,000, 80% of which is to be paid with SWAP funds. A 28E agreement for the 20% cost sharing with Jefferson County is to be included with the agreement. After discussion Boss moved to accept the estimate and commit to a maximum of $42,500 as the City’s portion of the project, Fitz-Randolph seconded, all ayes.
- City Hall HVAC System Repair Quotes—Dr. Boyum presented quotes for repairs needed for 2nd floor HVAC system. More quotes are pending. Fitz-Randolph moved to have the blowers cleaned at lowest price and re-assess, Badgett seconded, all ayes.
- City Hall Improvements Report— After discussion Badgett moved to expend a maximum of $1,000 in General Funds to landscape two areas adjacent to the front walk of City Hall, Fitz-Randolph seconded, all ayes. Kathy Petersen reported on water leaks being addressed. Discussion took place regarding insulation in the attic, cupola and elevator shaft.
- Roads Report, Repair Bid—Dr. Boyum presented a quote from LL Pelling to resurface Observatory Drive and repair holes and drainage on Maharishi Center Ave. After discussion Fitz-Randolph moved, Boss seconded, to approve the quote for $5,632.55, all ayes.
- City Hall/Community Center Use—Kathy Petersen reported on research for room rentals. Discussion about the need for leases.
- Other Business—None presented.
Mayor ProTem Badgett adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk