Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Chris Johnson (by telephone as he was out of town making it impossible to attend in person)
Absent: Bill Goldstein, Steve Boss
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held Sept. 28, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims—Badgett moved, Johnson seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Postponed.
- Property Tax Equalization—Kathy Petersen reported concerns regarding the Property Tax Equalization notices received by residents. She will request details of the county assessor.
- Roads Report—Dr. Boyum reported that Jefferson County Sheriff will install a digital speed monitor on John Istle Street temporarily and will monitor the street for speeding. He reported on street signs being re-positioned and installed.
- Sewer Report—Dr. Boyum reported that the new sewer line is expected to be in place by the end of October. Discussion took place regarding installing a water meter at City Hall.
- Iowa Energy Conference Report—Dr. Boyum, who serves on the board of the Iowa Association for Energy Efficiency reported that he was honored at the 30-year anniversary celebration of IAEE at a recent conference.
- Other Business—None reported.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk