Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, September 28, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Chris Johnson, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss
Absent: Bill Goldstein
Also present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Badgett moved, Wynne seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held Sept. 14, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims—Badgett moved, Johnson seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Report for August 2017 was presented.
- Accounts Receivable—Discussion of past due sewer/water billing that landlord organization has agreed to pay through October 2017. City Clerk will send statement to the landlord.
- Meet with John Revolinski—John and Dan Revolinski reported on progress in constructing a ghee factory in the City. They requested approval to install golden or cedar colored asphalt roof shingles under solar panels on the factory roof. The building is outside the area where tiled roofs are required. Johnson moved, Badgett seconded to approve light colored asphalt roof shingles on the Revolinski building on Jasmine Ave., all ayes.
- Sewer Design—Dr. Boyum presented engineering plans for the sewer connection to the Revolinski building. After discussion Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve Warner Engineering plans for sewer line to the building. Roll call: ayes-Badgett, Wynne, Boss; nays-Johnson; motion carried.
- Roads Report—Dr. Boyum reported on discussions with the County engineer regarding speed control and deer warning signs. The clerk will alert residents regarding slowing down for deer and for merging traffic on John Estle Street at Rukmapura Park Hotel.
- Consider Policy for Designated Healthcare Provider—Wynne moved, Johnson seconded, to adopt a policy naming Jefferson County Health Center as the City’s designated healthcare provider for work place illnesses or injuries, all eyes.
- Consider Open Records Request—Johnson moved, Badgett seconded, to ask the group New American Transparency to reimburse the City actual costs, based on Iowa Code (Sec. 22.3), to compile a report of all 2016 expenditures of the City, all ayes.
- Acquisition of Lot 11—Discussion regarding the City acquiring Lot 11 of the MCPHWP subdivision, in the central area of the City. The Council requested Chris Johnson to meet with representatives of owner GCWP to discuss.
- City Planning—The council set City planning meetings for the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, to focus on promoting housing, business locations, and development sites according to the master plan.
- Other Business—Steve Boss reported on a parcel of farm land on Jasmine Ave. to be auctioned. He reported on recent talks with MegaFood, who seek organic sources.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk