Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, September 14, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Chris Johnson, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss
Absent: Bill Goldstein
Also Present: Kathy Petersen, Dr. Kent Boyum by telephone
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Wynne moved, Johnson seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held August 24, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims—Wynne moved, Badgett seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—Clerk presented USDA annual financial reports.
- Accounts Receivable—Discussion took place regarding a past due accounts.
- Annual Street Finance Report Resolution—Johnson moved, Badgett seconded, to adopt a resolution approving the Annual Street Finance Report for FY 2017, all ayes. Resolution number 20170914 was assigned.
- Meet with Rebecca Johnson, Fairfield Public Library Director—Rebecca Johnson reported on the range of programs, services and activities available through the accredited library, including several new online programs. She presented a draft support agreement to formalize the City’s annual support of $1,500. Johnson moved, Badgett seconded, to contract with Fairfield Public Library for services, all ayes.
- Sewer Extension—Dr. Boyum reported on plans to connect the construction site on Jasmine Ave. south of Airport Rd. to the City sewer system.
- Community Center Report—Clerk reported on repairs and improvements done, including upgrading two restrooms on the first floor to be ADA compliant.
- Consider Subdivision Approval—Clerk reported that verbal approval was received from the homeowners association in Devi Nagar subdivision for dividing a lot, Wynne moved, Johnson seconded, to consent to divide a Lot 22 in Devi Nagar subdivision, all ayes.
- Other Business—Steve Boss reported on a meeting he attended with organic food purchasers who are interested in the organic activity in the community. He will follow up.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk