Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, August 24, 2017, 3:00 PM
Also present: Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held Aug. 10, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims--Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report—July 2017 report was presented.
- Roads Report—Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to have dead Ash trees removed from Maharishi Center Avenue, all ayes.
- Consider Subdivision Approval—After discussion Wynne moved, Johnson seconded, to postpone considering a lot division in Devi Nagar Subdivision until the City confirms Devi Nagar Homeowners Association approves the division, all ayes except Badgett abstain.
- Local Options Sales Tax Election—The City Clerk reported the option to include a public measure to extend the local option sales and services tax from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2029 in the November City election to save the expense of a special election. Johnson moved, Goldstein seconded to place on the November 7, 2017 City election ballot a public measure to impose local sales and services tax in the City at the rate of 1%, effective July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2029, with the revenues from the sales and services tax allocated in the City as in the current tax: 0% for property tax relief and 100% for any lawful purposes, including community betterment; all ayes.
- City Promotion—Discussion took place regarding attracting businesses and development.
- Other Business—None.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk