Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, August 10, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Rogers Badgett, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss (by telephone as he was out of town making it impossible to attend in person)
Absent: Chris Johnson, Bill Goldstein
Also present: Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Wynne moved, Badgett seconded, to approve minutes from a meeting held July 27, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims—Badgett moved, Wynne seconded, to approve the report, all ayes.
- Utility Billing—Discussion took place regarding a past due account.
- Sewer Fund CD—Badgett moved, Wynne seconded, to roll over the Sewer Fund Reserve CD for 15 months at Central State Bank, all ayes.
- Annual Outstanding Obligations Statement—Wynne moved, Boss seconded, to acknowledge the report submitted to Iowa State Treasurer, all ayes.
- Telephone Service—Discussion took place regarding a phone line for the Community Center.
- Community Center Report—The clerk reported on steps taken and quotes received related to fire safety and ADA standards.
- Welcome Sign—The clerk presented ideas for a new Welcome Sign.
- Other Business—None presented.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk