Minutes of a City Council Meeting
Thursday, July 13, 2017, 3:00 PM
Present: Mayor Robert Wynne, Chris Johnson, Maureen Wynne, Steve Boss
Absent: Rogers Badgett, Bill Goldstein
Also Present: Dr. Kent Boyum, Kathy Petersen
Mayor Wynne called the meeting to order.
- Minutes—Johnson moved, Boss seconded to approve minutes from a meeting held June 28, 2017, all ayes.
- Claims—Wynne moved, Boss seconded to approve the report, all ayes.
- Treasurer’s Report for June—Postponed.
- Report on Utility Billing—Boss moved, Wynne seconded to include June 2017 for outside watering credit, all ayes.
- Telephone Service—Wynne moved, Boss seconded, to install a dedicated telephone line in Dr. Boyum’s office, all ayes.
- Signage—Johnson recommended moving street name signs on John Estle Street to the south side of the road. Dr. Boyum will coordinate with Jefferson County. Dr. Boyum reported on Sherwood Co. entry signs and driveway speed advisory signs. Boss moved, Wynne seconded, to update or replace all signs for existing major entries; Wynne and Boss aye, Johnson abstain. Discussion took place regarding replacing the main entry sign.
- Speed Deterrent on John Estle Street—Johnson recommended installing speed bumps or signs to alert drivers of incoming traffic at blind spots on John Estle Street. Dr. Boyum will get recommendations from Jefferson County.
- Federal Grant for Bridge Replacement—Dr. Boyum reported on the 180th St. wooden bridge being considered for replacement. It’s now rated for 15 tons. A federal grant application has been submitted.
- CAFO Moratorium Letter—Postponed.
- Open House, Community Center—Dates were discussed.
- Resolution, 2016 Jefferson County Hazard Mitigation Plan—Wynne moved, Johnson seconded, to adopt the plan, all ayes. Resolution number 20170713 was assigned.
- Other Business—None.
Mayor Wynne adjourned the meeting.
Robert G. Wynne, Mayor
Kathy Petersen, City Clerk